Author Topic: Been a While  (Read 362 times)

Drake Sirlit

• View Profile
Been a While
« on: March 27, 2016, 07:03:02 am »
Not sure how many remember me from the days way back as I wasn't too active in the forums. Actually funny how I found this forum.. I recently got heavily into RC helicopters and remembered that I had created this https://youtu.be/J6sKy8JJhwk for one of the competitions back in the day and decided to search and see if I could find anything out about what happened to the game and where it went. Honestly I probably won't be very active here but I will keep an eye on these forums.

z26

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Been a While
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2016, 07:42:20 am »
It looks like an actual real life helicopter which is neat :)

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2016, 12:26:55 pm »
Welcome back!

That was an entry to the aircraft challenge right? Back in the days when there were still officially organised challenges.

PressureLine

• XFM Developer
  • Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Rawbots Club Forums
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2016, 01:10:54 pm »
BTW, if anyone has those old challenge maps and/or entries, either send me a link, or chuck them up in the Challenges forum section with as much info on the rules of the challenge as you can remember.
"Never assume that anything you've never seen before is benign. Most particularly not something that says 'MARINES' on it."

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2016, 04:12:04 pm »
wow that helicopter flys REALLY good! I'd love to have the BP for it!
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

Drake Sirlit

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2016, 05:20:22 pm »
Where are maps and blueprints held within the rawbots folders, what are the extensions for each, and also how do you load a blueprint in game? in looks like I still have 0.1.4 installed... not going to release the helicopter untill I tweak it some yet.

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »
Where are maps and blueprints held within the rawbots folders, what are the extensions for each, and also how do you load a blueprint in game? in looks like I still have 0.1.4 installed... not going to release the helicopter untill I tweak it some yet.

http://forum.rawbots.club/index.php?board=8.0

you can find alotta information around here!
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

Drake Sirlit

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2016, 06:03:41 pm »
Either I'm blind (high possibility actually) or the answers to my questions aren't there... There are definitely downloads for maps and blueprints there but I cannot fine instructions for where to put them in the Rawbots directory or how to load them in game (I know how to load maps in game at least).

z26

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2016, 07:07:26 pm »
It isnt in the rawbots folder, but in your documents/rawbots (strange place i know)

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2016, 09:22:09 pm »
BTW, if anyone has those old challenge maps and/or entries, either send me a link, or chuck them up in the Challenges forum section with as much info on the rules of the challenge as you can remember.
I've got a few of the challenge maps around, and one or two of the entries going back as far as the map challenge. I'm away from my main computer for a couple of weeks, so it might take a while to get everything up.