Author Topic: Am I the only one who hates jets?  (Read 304 times)

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
Am I the only one who hates jets?
« on: March 17, 2016, 01:31:26 am »
for real! why don't they have four connection points?! why do grenades only have one?! same with hovers! would it have been so hard to allow 4 connections points on the majority of parts!? DAM YOU PREVIOUS RAWBOTS DEVELOPMENT! YOU ARE THE BANE OF MY BUILDS!
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

Doctor Virus

• Welcome to Volce.
    • View Profile
Re: Am I the only one who hates jets?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2016, 03:16:34 pm »
Agreed cupid.

Its really annoying trying to make bots when the pieces can't even attach from the side we want them too or have too many connections on something that has less than what we need!
Currently looking for a Volce logo

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2016, 03:29:30 pm »
I can see where you're coming from, but I've not really had a problem with a lack of connection points. My problem with jets is their ability to make a badly tuned bot disappear off to the end of the universe. I wish elbows and motors had more connection points as I often have to add an extra continuum to make enough connection points.

I suppose the reduced number of connection points was to stop everything looking like a cube.

I wonder how hard it would be to disable the check for whether a connection point is already occupied?

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 12:23:01 am »
speaking of jets flying off into the  void. Why can jets accelerate so fast in atmosphere anyway? Air resistance would be like "nope, you die now) or atleast provide an upper limit/max to achievable velocity! and another thing * insert rant of problems with unfinished game*

I gotta learn not to look directly at the failings :p

EDIT: wait, it turns out jets have three connection points.. ITS OFFICIAL! I AM MAX DERPP! WOOHOOO!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 01:20:53 am by cupid_the_conqueror »
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.