Author Topic: Cupid's Automated Rocket Bots!  (Read 460 times)

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
Cupid's Automated Rocket Bots!
« on: April 07, 2016, 09:36:29 pm »
heya folks, this one still needs some polishing , but its good enough that I feel I can share it without shame!

this here, is the ABRT , or the automated Ballistic Rocket Turret.

Parts! : Pressurelines Fatalistic Calculator bot, Owls camera system for locking targets (from the aa missle) , and Anannas' Clock to keep the timing delay, and soon it will be mounted on one of Marvins combat bots , as they normally have really good terrain avoidance.
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

Sleeping_Owl

• View Profile
Re: Cupid's Automated Rocket Bots!
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2016, 10:59:33 pm »
Wow, these rockets fly much more precisely than I expected. With that much speed, do they work correctly with heavy bots at low FPS?
Since rockets are limited, turret needs a hook to prevent it from trying to shoot through walls.

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2016, 11:15:46 pm »
Can't wait to see the missile system stuck onto a combat bot.

Perhaps you could add multiple grenades with a dispersal mechanism to get an even bigger area of effect.

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 11:55:54 pm »
Wow, these rockets fly much more precisely than I expected. With that much speed, do they work correctly with heavy bots at low FPS?
Since rockets are limited, turret needs a hook to prevent it from trying to shoot through walls.

yep , that is on its way. This is only V1 of my ABRT system.

Can't wait to see the missile system stuck onto a combat bot.

Perhaps you could add multiple grenades with a dispersal mechanism to get an even bigger area of effect.

Adding weight to the projectile adds to the inaccuracy. I already have it wait three secounds apon finding a target so it can have time to smooth out the targeting wobble. 

i could in theory simply make it wider with the rockets forming a line for a shotgun spread.... Hmmm .. something to look at down the road for sure! but in the meanwhile Im trying to make a small bot for ether the lightweight or mid weight categories 

EDIT : holy crap, adding terrain detection and making sure it doesn't fire if terrain is in the way was WAAAAAY simpler then I thought it would be! I cant believe I didn't add it before I uploaded the bot!
« Last Edit: April 08, 2016, 12:27:42 am by cupid_the_conqueror »
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

life

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:11:05 pm »
This One Shot  :(