Author Topic: THE ABRT V2! now it FLYS!  (Read 40 times)

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
THE ABRT V2! now it FLYS!
« on: March 11, 2019, 09:55:57 am »
Hello gents, working on an upgrade to my automatic ballistic rocket turret. Im working on making it an aerial patroling, ground unit killing monster. I call it the RocketWhale!

I've gotten tracking and flight patterns down so far. It has a base starting contiuum , which controls its altitude and such, and it will hold a strafing pattern around this contiuum. When it finds a target, it checks to see if the velocity of the target is higher then the current target (the stock contiuum that comes with it) and then selects the new target based on the fact that it SHOULD be moving. (issue is that if you stand still, it passes by..) I still gotta add some more checks (prox check and what not)

after it fires its rocket, it will break target lock and return to tracking its point of origin, the contiuum it comes with.
the rocket is ready for action, I just need to add the targeting system for it.

here it is in action, just gotta tune in the tracking/targeting system and the rockets targeting system, and it'll be good for battle!

At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

z26

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: THE ABRT V2! now it FLYS!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 10:49:35 pm »
That thing looks pretty cool, but its quite top heavy.  I'd advise lowering the center of mass, it would look more stable.

To visitors: if the forum looks quiet, its because most of us are on the discord mainly. invite https://discord.gg/HWzDMZc

cupid_the_conqueror

• Global Moderator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 04:09:00 am »
Flying thing, not the top heavy monstrosity on the ground, that was just a spare bot I had
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

z26

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 06:47:57 am »
My bad lol, sorry Im dumb.

Flying whale is a good description, it flies quite slowly but looks as if gravity had no effect on it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 06:54:15 am by z26 »