Author Topic: Dumping blueprints and save files  (Read 272 times)

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Dumping blueprints and save files
« on: March 13, 2016, 07:36:17 pm »
Cupid wanted to see some example combat bots, and it turns out my entire save folder is uploaded to dropbox, so I thought I'd share it here.

DOWNLOAD LINK:https://www.dropbox.com/sh/y8jz6aedybd8pp9/AABXtK0K_FMt8sDsblD5yYVfa?dl=0

That is over 200MB of unsorted blueprints and maps including many of the combat bots. The folder includes most of the challenge maps and my entries, a few bots that others have shared on the forums, and likely a load of broken save files too. I've not removed any previous iterations or old versions of save files, so it should be possible to look through and see how a given bot was built.

I won't guarantee that any of the bots work properly, and most of them will be mapped to Dvorak keyboard.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask. I'll try to remember the answer, but some of this stuff goes back to the days of stardust.

cupid_the_conqueror

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
Re: Dumping blueprints and save files
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 02:23:52 am »
SWEEEEEEEEEEEEET, STUFF TO SALVAGE!
At the end of the day, love conquerors all.

cupid_the_conqueror

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:47:47 am »
holy cow dude, you really need some way to turn your auto bots off, or for that matter, some way to change the setpoints (for altudiude) all of your auto flyers glitch/spaz right out when I spawn them :p

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 12:22:35 pm »
The automatic combat and racing bots should have a key to toggle the drive and weapons, at least in the final versions.

I don't usually set a hard altitude target, most of my aircraft use velocity for feedback. The only recent exception I can think of is the pidgeon, which is meant to be used on a specific planet. Which ones are giving you problems when they load?

cupid_the_conqueror

• Administrator
  • Experienced Member
  • A filthy casual
    • View Profile
    • the truth of rawbots
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 10:34:34 pm »
okay dokay, heres my list of bots so far that spaz out when spawned!

zzsection - flys away at some 900,000 velocity

zlift - what is going on?! the whole thing is rocking back and forth with insane speed! gah! I can't even begin to delete the coding on it because I cant click on this mess!

twinrotormk2- it seems to be punching itself? and jumping along the ground.. well atleast it was easy to decode

truck15- its wheels are jumping back and forth and well over 2000 velocity. I cant seem to figure out what is making it twitch like that.
Truck 4 - same thing. I think maybe the steering system you used for the trucks is really messed up (xfm glitch?)

turret 9 - same thing as zzsection. blasts off at 9000000000 velocity
turret 2 - same thing as turret 9

thats about it so far, however there is till tonnes of handy stuff in here. Although I don't think there is a use for the stealth engine just yet :p

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2016, 11:32:45 pm »
The ones that fly away at warp speed were probably attached to the terrain with hooks when they were saved. Load them in an empty blueshift map and they should end up somewhere you can reach them.

zlift works for me, but one of the rotor mountings was twisted. G/H set the altitude, so you should be able to crash it into the floor to fix it and turn the controller gains down a bit.

The twinrotor helicopters have always had trouble keeping the rotors synchronised. The trick is to balance rotor speed and angle of attack.

A lot of the truck blueprints have a bug that makes the wheels load wrong. Disconnecting then re-connecting the wheels fixes this. Also, the steering control is tuned to the limit of stability on my PC, so it will probably oscillate with less processing power available. Some of them may have extra controls to adjust the loop gain.