Author Topic: Autonomous Combat League  (Read 8536 times)

PressureLine

• XFM Developer
  • Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Rawbots Club Forums
Re: Autonomous Combat League - Babel
« Reply #120 on: July 27, 2016, 01:14:51 pm »
New middleweight competitor!

Babel

Weighing in at 50 parts, Babel is a middleweight Plasma Shooter capable of tracking and engaging both ground based and aerial opponents.

Get Babel here.
"Far be it from me to criticize geeks, I'm playing a game about flippin' trains."
- Colonel Failure

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Autonomous Combat League
« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2017, 09:23:11 pm »
I had a go at reworking the broadsides reversible drive & navigation system. The result is fast and doesn't get stuck, but unfortunately it's not really well suited to having a turret and armour fitted.

It is however fast enough that it nearly doesn't need armour, so it should still be useful as a target bot to test turrets against.

On an unrelated note, I'd forgotten how much code was in the turret of my original combat bot. It's probably not going to be fun trying to untangle and modify it to use the XFM inverse trig functions.

Blueprint

GunGamesTV

• what
    • View Profile
    • vk.com/kolja.aksai
« Reply #122 on: January 09, 2019, 07:04:21 pm »
I like this game!!!
Once, to get the key to this game was my dream - but I could not (finance.) When I was able to download unlicensed software, I began to build, and in my years, I was successful in it. I was ... 12, maybe.
Ni C OČ Lu S Ha#6673

z26

• Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: January 27, 2019, 08:41:35 am »
Oh, welcome!

unfortunately, this forum has been extremely quiet for a long time. The original makers wanted to restart development, but they eventually vanished.  Since then, nothing has happened here.

This forum may disappear in two months.  Maybe we could archive it somewhere at least.

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: January 27, 2019, 05:43:35 pm »
Things are even quieter than normal around here these days, but there are still a couple of us around.

Shame to hear the forums might be disappearing again, but I suppose it's hard to justify paying for the hosting when there are usually months between posts.

PressureLine

• XFM Developer
  • Administrator
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Rawbots Club Forums
Re: Autonomous Combat League - Wedge
« Reply #125 on: March 31, 2019, 11:26:04 am »
New Lightweight competitor!

Wedge

Weighing in at 25 parts, Wedge is an invertible lightweight Plasma Shooter capable of tracking and engaging both ground based and aerial opponents.

Get Wedge here.
"Far be it from me to criticize geeks, I'm playing a game about flippin' trains."
- Colonel Failure

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 01, 2019, 08:22:30 pm »
Interesting idea.

The fixed camera seems to have same trouble finding targets compared to turret bots, but once it gets up close it is very effective. The low profile seems to make it difficult for most other bots to hit, and the cannon placement is almost guaranteed to cause crippling chassis/internal damage.