Author Topic: Combat Bot Blueprint - the Dumb Missile Bot  (Read 220 times)

tob.s

• View Profile
Combat Bot Blueprint - the Dumb Missile Bot
« on: December 05, 2016, 06:26:58 pm »
A quickly made, barebone & one shot combat bot
heres what it does to some of my older prototypes

feature=youtu.be

features:
+ basic obstacle avoidance
+ simple target triangulation
+ missile checks if theres a wall between it and the target
+ proximity fuse, will only detonate once ( so no "mines" lay around )

still this bot can go suicidal if the target is too close or the missile misfires, also it likes to climb walls and turn over

blueprint
http://s000.tinyupload.com/?file_id=55407415809749238571

MarvinMan

• Automation Expert
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
Re: Combat Bot Blueprint - the Dumb Missile Bot
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2016, 08:34:15 pm »
I would have said the navigation system works reasonably well for a bot of that size.

If the missile is reasonably accurate, that bot has potential to become a serious contender. All it would need is a rotating turret to eliminate most of the aiming time and a bit of armour.

tob.s

• View Profile
Re: Combat Bot Blueprint - the Dumb Missile Bot
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2016, 01:09:10 am »
in fact the missile has a build in delay so it wont start at the very first contact to target but wait a little to improve hit probalitiy ( so its not firing while turning or if enemy passes at high speed / disappers behind a wall , etc ). The missile uses its own narrow field of view camera for the launch and is independend from the bot - the rotating camera ist just for the bots target tracking. The bot is just a quick testbed for the missile which can be easily fitted to a more advanced bot without needing their codes connected.

Explosions are always nice but for now grenades are just to strong, so the one getting his grenade to the enemy first wins. Also there little chance to defend oneself against such an fast attack as gun turrets simply cant align that fast, though i might just have an idea...